And…it’s official! I want to go to Gibraltar! Who would like to fund my trip? Any takers?
1. Gibraltar is a British territory, although it has been a point of contention with Spain since forever (and by forever I mean the early 1700s).
2. The population of Gibraltar is about 30,000, so rumors spread quickly.
3. Most people in Gibraltar speak English, although members of the older generation are often bilingual in Spanish and speak a form “Spanglish” known as Llanito at home.
4. Gibraltarians consider themselves to be culturally British, rather than culturally Spanish.
5. To American ears Gibraltarians sound more or less British.
6. A lot of people who work in the shops are actually from Spain.
7. Gibraltar is one of the richest countries in the world and has…
View original post 194 more words