I was nominated by the always fabulous Carrots in My Carryon to participate in the Sunshine Blog Award. I love talking about myself. Just being honest. Conveniently, I’m also super creepy-curious about others, so asking really pointed, possibly embarrassing, questions is my forte! Yay! Here we go!
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post
- Answer the 11 questions set by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 blogs to receive the award, and write them 11 new questions
1. Describe to me, in detail, your favorite pizza. (Bonus points if you can make it sound sultry.)
My ideal pizza has a nice solid, substantial crust. Not too thin, not too thick. The color has to be right too. Not too pale, not too dark. Just right-in-the-middle firmness. My ideal crust has to satisfy me as it’s the foundation for the rest of the pizza relationship. Next, it’s all about the sauce. Weak, thin sauce is unacceptable. I want a zesty, robust, wham-bam-thank-you-ma’am experience. Knock my socks off with that ish. The toppings don’t really matter to me. As long as the base is solid, everything else just comes together.
2. Congratulations! You just won a boat. What do you name her?
I happen to already know that boats are usually named for women, but not my boat. I would name my boat ‘The Gary’. Gary is my uncle and he was always our captain on my grandma’s boat. Every summer. Forever. I think boats, I think Captain Uncle Gary. It’s just how it is.
3. INTRUDER ALERT! Someone’s breaking into your house! What do you grab to fend him off?
What do I grab? I’m already out the window, running down the street. Oh.Hell.No.
4. What is your least favorite household chore?
CLEANING THE TOILET. It’s germy. There are usually stray pubes adorning the bowl or they’re fastened to the under seat. There are tiny toilet paper poop balls littered behind the seat. People defecate inside it and I have to clean it. Toilet cleaning is, quite possibly, the worst thing to ever happen to anyone. Hands down. Anything that has poop in, around, or on it is NOT my favorite.
5. A stranger hands you $100 and one condition: you have to spend it on something COMPLETELY frivolous, or a puppy dies. What do you spend it on?
Oh girl, what do I NOT spend it on? I master in the art of frivolity. Shoes. Cute shoes that hurt my feet. Every single product in any Bath & Body Works at any time. A Michael Kors purse. A day of pampering at a spa. Eyelash extensions. Full body hair removal. Oh. Wait. It’s only $100. I was totally spending $100,000…
6. Say something spiritual about doing laundry.
It’s the bane of existence. Is that spiritual?
7. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten (on purpose?)
Haggis with “neeps and tatties”!
8. What’s the oldest thing in your fridge right now?
A moldy lemon. It’s grown around and become one with the top rack. It looks comfortable. I don’t want to disturb it.
9. Describe your sleeping space.
I MUST have a fan on at all times. For the sound, and for the constant air in my face. It’s up there with my face shaver as my most important possession. My bed has precisely 12 pillows for two people. I have a down feather pillow top mattress and a down feather comforter. My sleep is all that matters, so it has to be top-notch.
10. Thrill rides: Yes or no, and why or why not?
Um no. If you can guarantee I won’t die or feel sick afterwards, I’d consider it. I’m zero fun.
11. What’s your favorite joke?
Me trying to give up cake-like consistency baked goods. It just ain’t gonna happen.
My nominees are…
- Cat in the Cactus
- A Wandering Memory
- Island Smile
- A Couple Talks
Heeheehaha. Now for MY questions…
1. If you could have one superpower what would it be, and why?
2. Describe your ideal Friday night.
3. What is the most embarrassing thing to ever happen to you?
4. Describe your High School experience in 4 words.
5. What is in your bag/pocket right now?
6. Biggest fashion mistake?
7. If you could go back and relive one experience, what would it be?
8. Most embarrassing song in your ITunes?
9. You have a year, unlimited resources, support, and 1 million dollars. How would you fix our world’s problems?
10. Your favorite movie and why?
11. What’s the worst part about getting older?
I went easy on ya’ll. I totally could have gotten creepy! These are easy, so join in on the fun!